Mr. Gary Wright II
- Human Rights Activist
- Corporate Executive - President & Chief Executive Officer of Clever Things, LLC℠
- Creator of the Pride Against Prejudice™ project.
- Founder of the Alabama Justice government watchdog group.
- Plaintiff in historic Alabama class action lawsuit that won statewide marriage equality (Strawser v. Strange)
- Plaintiff in lawsuit against the corruption in the Veterans Administration (Wright v. United States, et al)
- 3D Animator using Blender 3d, Gimp, and Krita
- Hardware & Software Engineering
- Expert on RADAR for military & civilian use
- Expert on robotics & software automation
- Veteran of the United States Navy (FC2/E5 - NEC 1143 Aegis FCS/ORTS)
- Plankowner of US Navy Aegis destroyer USS Stout (DDG-55)
- Recipient of the Navy Achievement Medal
- Awarded the SAR Good Citizenship Medal
- Victim of Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) policy
- Correspondence with President Barack Obama
- Correspondence with President Bill Clinton
- Correspondence with President Ronald Reagan
- Correspondence with numerous members of Congress
- Spent a day with the legendary Isaac Hayes
- Spent a day with Civil Rights hero Congressman John Lewis
- Spent a week with the mummy of Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses I
STATUS UPDATE: I'll be relocating back to Atlanta in 2019! All of my projects have been put on hold while I'm preparing for the move. My company Clever Things, LLC will be re-launched once I get settled in, and the next project in our queue will be NightlifeInAtlanta.com and followed by the production of the movie Pride Against Prejudice.
Gay & Lesbian
Gary is currently working on writing a screenplay and book about the struggle for equality in the South. The movie will start production in Atlanta, Georgia in 2019. Visit his Pride Against Prejudice project for a collection of online resources for LGBTs, their parents, families, and friends.
Gary was a Named Plaintiff in the historic Alabama Strawser v. Strange class action lawsuit which won marriage equality statewide, struck down sections of the Alabama Constitution as discriminatory, and obtained a permanent injunction against the State.
Gary testified at the Alabama Senate Judiciary Hearing against the 2015 HB56 Marriage RFRA.
In Huntsville, Alabama, Gary was awarded a CommUNITY Award at the 2015 Rocket City Pride Festival.
Gary is a proud ally and supporter of the Franklin County High School (FCHS) Gay - Straight Alliance (GSA) in Winchester, Tennessee. See my activism page for video and transcripts.
The Wright Perspective℠ Blog
Social Commentary from the C-Suite to Main Street℠
The Wright Perspective℠ is a blog by Gary Wright II. Gary speaks openly and honestly about many of the current events which touch our lives. The controversial blog covers a variety of topics ranging from human rights activism to social commentary.
Tornado hits Arab, Alabama April 2011
Arab, Alabama - We have a special section dedicated to the 2011 tornado outbreak. In addition to photographs of the EF-4 tornado damage near Arab, we have video of the tornado and data images from Doppler weather RADAR.
No relation to the musician famous for Dream Weaver, Gary Wright II was the guitarist and founder of the 80's rock band Struggler™.