Mr. Gary Wright II
- Human Rights Activist
- Plaintiff in historic Alabama class action lawsuit that won statewide marriage equality
- Corporate Executive - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Hardware and Software Engineering
- Expert on RADAR for military and civilian use
- Expert on robotics and software automation
- Veteran of the United States Navy (FC2 / E5 NEC 1143)
- Plankowner of US Navy Aegis destroyer USS Stout (DDG-55)
- Recipient of the Navy Achievement Medal
- Awarded the SAR Good Citizenship Medal
- Victim of Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy
- Correspondence with President Barack Obama
- Correspondence with President Bill Clinton
- Correspondence with President Ronald Reagan
- Correspondence with numerous members of Congress
- Spent a day with the legendary Isaac Hayes
- Spent a week studying the mummy of Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses I
Gary is a Plaintiff in the historic Alabama Strawser v. Strange class action lawsuit which won marriage equality statewide.
Gary testified at the Alabama Senate Judiciary Hearing against 2015 HB56 Marriage RFRA.
In Huntsville, Alabama, Gary was awarded a CommUNITY Award at the 2015 Rocket City Pride Festival.
Gary is a proud ally and supporter of the Franklin County High School (FCHS) Gay - Straight Alliance (GSA) in Winchester, Tennessee. See my activism page for video and transcripts.
Gary is currently working on a book and screenplay telling the story of his fight for equality and growing up in the South. That project is located at PrideAgainstPrejudice.com