Mr. Gary Wright II
- Human Rights Activist
- Corporate Executive - President & Chief Executive Officer
- Commanding Officer of The 'Hood Army
- Hardware and Software Engineering
- Founder and Lead Hacker of No Caveat Security Group
- Plaintiff in historic Alabama class action lawsuit that won statewide marriage equality
- Expert on RADAR for military and civilian use
- Expert on robotics and software automation
- Veteran of the United States Navy (FC2 / E5 NEC 1143)
- Plankowner of US Navy Aegis destroyer USS Stout (DDG-55)
- Recipient of the Navy Achievement Medal
- Awarded the SAR Good Citizenship Medal
- Victim of Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) policy
- Correspondence with President Barack Obama
- Correspondence with President Bill Clinton
- Correspondence with President Ronald Reagan
- Correspondence with numerous members of Congress
- Spent a day with the legendary Isaac Hayes
- Spent a day with Civil Rights hero Congressman John Lewis
- Spent a week with the mummy of Egyptian Pharaoh Ramesses I
Gay & Lesbian
Gary is currently working on writing a screenplay and book about the struggle for equality in the South. Visit his Pride Against Prejudice project for a collection of online resources for gays and lesbians, their parents, families, and friends.
Gary and his husband Brandon were Plaintiffs in the historic Alabama Strawser v. Strange class action lawsuit which won marriage equality statewide.
Gary testified at the Alabama Senate Judiciary Hearing against 2015 HB56 Marriage RFRA.
In Huntsville, Alabama, Gary was awarded a CommUNITY Award at the 2015 Rocket City Pride Festival.
Gary is a proud ally and supporter of the Franklin County High School (FCHS) Gay - Straight Alliance (GSA) in Winchester, Tennessee. See my activism page for video and transcripts.
Gary Wright II takes you on a virtual tour of the historical site of New Echota, Georgia. It was in New Echota that the Cherokee Nation was first divided during the Indian removal process and it became the starting point of the infamous Trail of Tears. Thousands of Native Americans died along the brutal journey through North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and finally forced onto a federal reservation in Oklahoma.
Visit Gary's Cherokee Pride pages to explore historic Cherokee sites and learn about the culture of the Tsalagi / Cherokee Native Americans.
The Wright Perspective℠ Blog
Social Commentary from the C-Suite to Main Street℠
The Wright Perspective℠ is a blog by Gary Wright II. Gary speaks openly and honestly about many of the current events which touch our lives. The controversial blog covers a variety of topics ranging from human rights activism to social commentary.
Tornado hits Arab, Alabama April 2011
Arab, Alabama - We have a special section dedicated to the 2011 tornado outbreak. In addition to photographs of the EF-4 tornado damage near Arab, we have video of the tornado and data images from Doppler weather RADAR.
Gary Wright II was the guitarist and founder of the 80's rock band Struggler™.