The Wright Perspective℠
Social Commentary from the C-Suite to Main Street℠
A Blog by Gary Wright II
Thanks for your prayers - I received 7 miracles this week!
Saturday, June 27th, 2009
Never doubt in the power of prayer (and tt doesn't matter what religion you are!) - it is all about a group of people transferring love and energy. Thank each and every one of you for keeping me in your prayers because I have received so many miracles this past week!
When my friends held a prayer circle for me, the electricity was actually being disrupted wildly from the energy being sent to me through your prayers.
I haven't said much about it because I didn't want to jinx myself but:
1. My Pain is GONE!!! I am not cured of my myopathy (muscle disease) by any means, but the agonizing daily pain I have suffered for many years is now gone! I was having to take high doses of morphine each day, and many times it wasn't strong enough to help much. My back and legs should be causing horrendous pain right now - they are tender but I'm not overwhelmed by the intense pain.
I am very happy to report that I took my last dose of morphine several weeks ago. I was prescribed medicine to treat the narcotic withdrawals, and I will take that last dose next week. My goal is to eventually stop all of my prescriptions if at all possible.
I do have a whole new perspective on drug addicts after this experience. I was never taking more than prescribed by my medical team, and I never abused it in any way. Even under medical care and with medicine to help me, the narcotic withdrawals were the most maddening sickness that I have felt.
If you are on strong drugs (legal or not) there is NO WAY you are going to beat your addiction without lots of support. I now completely understand why people lie, cheat, steal, and kill to get something they are addicted to, and I don't think "will power" alone will ever beat it. You will have to seek lots of help in order to beat an addiction!
2. I got adopted by a starving kitten (who I didn't know was already pregnant). Having recently lost both our dog and cat to old age, we really didn't want any pets for a while. We had actually discussed how we can take long trips now with no babies to worry about. This kitten has been such a blessing for both of us and she has really lifted my spirits. The house was just too quiet and cold with no pets. After experiencing so much death and loss recently, I hope witnessing the miracle of birth will give us lots more hope for the future.
3. I had a very nice trip to visit my tribe for the first time. My family are members of the Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, and my mother and sister accompanied us on the visit. We had lost a lot of our genealogy data when my mom's computer crashed. The tribe took the time to go through all of their files and we were able to locate the original records!
4. On our visit, I captured two spirit orbs with my camera. It was very comforting to know that our ancestors were there to greet us!
5. I learned a huge life lesson on forgiveness and grace (see my blog) from an elder.
6. I was confused, so I went into the woods and sat in the sun meditating and praying to the Creator for enlightenment. Watch what you wish for - it just might come true. Within 20 minutes, the next miracle of enlightenment happened:
7. I got my whole foundation and principles really shaken when I personally witnessed my friend Chip Coffey (of Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal & Paranormal State - both on A&E) tell me the very specific time and events that would unfold on Thursday. I now have to rethink EVERYTHING!
These are just the seven miracles that I can think of off the top of my head. Chip says miracles both big and small happen every day. I guess he is right, because they are all around me now that I am actually taking the time to notice them.
All of you have touched my life in one way or another & I can't thank you enough for all of your love and support!
-- Gary Wright II