Gary Wright II - Gary-Wright.comGary Wright II

Gary-Wright.com ]    [ The Wright Perspective Blog ]    [ The Wright Perspective Blog 2010 Archives ]  → 

The Wright Perspective℠

Social Commentary from the C-Suite to Main Street℠

A Blog by Gary Wright II

Military says fat kids are a threat to national security

Tuesday, April 20th, 2010

A report released today from the military says obesity is a threat to our national security.

Of all Americans ages 17 - 24, there are 27% that are too fat to join the military.

Let's see:

Subtracting 27% for kids too fat to serve, that leaves 73%.

Subtracting 10% for kids "too gay" to serve, and that leaves 63%.

Subtract a few more for disabled kids, illiterate kids, peace activists, human rights activists, and conscientious objectors.

So the military is having problems recruiting enough new troops? No shit! It took a study to determine that???

Later this week I'll post a blog on the true threats to our country. You might be surprised of what is and isn't on my list.

Best regards,

-- Gary Wright II

Return to Blog Index