The Wright Perspective℠
Social Commentary from the C-Suite to Main Street℠
A Blog by Gary Wright II
Mail Policy for PFC Bradley Manning at JRCF in Fort Leavenworth
Tuesday, May 10th, 2011
The attorney for PFC Bradley Manning posted the mail policy for the Joint Regional Correctional Facility (JRCF) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas:
As previously noted, PFC Manning is eligible to receive mail from anyone who wishes to write to him. However, the Joint Regional Correctional Facility (JRCF) does place certain restrictions on what can be sent to the facility. The JRCF will reject any mail that violates postal regulations or contains obscenity, blackmail, contraband or threats. In addition, the JRCF has provided the following list of authorized and unauthorized items:
- Letters - Unlimited, cannot contain written sexually explicit material.
- Photos - Unlimited, cannot contain full or partial nudity.
- Internet Printouts - Cannot exceed 5 pages per day.
- Newspaper, magazines, periodicals, books and other publications must be purchased and received directly from the publisher or a commercial source.
- Funds - Postal money orders and cashiers checks made out to the inmate will be accepted.
- Personal checks
- Food Items
- Musical / Electronic Cards
- Any tangible items (jewelry, clothing, etc.)
Please send Private Manning your letters of support to:
Bradley Manning 89289
830 Sabalu Road
Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-2315
-- Gary Wright II
I've written several blog entries on this topic. To read more, visit our page devoted to PFC Bradley Manning .